Sunday, September 26, 2010

Beauty DIY - Liese Hair Dye

After all the hype I heard about this new foam hair dye I decided to just give it a try, since its seems pretty easy to do. There are many colours available but cuz I wanted a darker shade than my current one I decided to go for Ash Brown :)


These are the contents inside the Liese Hair Dye package. (Clockwise from top) The number 1&2 solutions, the foaming nozzle, the allergy test patch, nutrient hair conditioner and gloves.


After reading the instructions I decided to just do the allergy test since this foaming chemical is pretty new and I wouldn't know if I was allergic to it or not. Instructions says to leave it on for 48 hours and check for any reaction but I reckon if my skin's not even red after 2 hours of application I should be fine.


Allergy test:
Step 1 - two drops of solution 1
Step 2 - three drops of solution 2
Step 3 - stir properly to ensure even mix
Step 4 - apply coin size patch on inner arm and leave for 30 mins to 2 hours. Check for reaction (eg redness, itchiness, burning sensation)



Dyeing process:
1. Pour solution 1 into solution 2 bottle.
2. Cap the bottle and gently invert a few times to mix contents.
3. Install foaming nozzle and squeeze bottle to dispense foaming dye.



After application and massaging the foam dye your hair will look like this. Exactly like shampooed hair.


I must say I like the result cuz it evenly covered my hair from root to tip, covering my previous dye. And the resulting colour is actually pretty similar to the colour displayed on the box.

The only dissatisfaction I had was that this hair dye makes the hair very dry, even more drying then normal hair dye. A hairstylist even said many people have been going to saloons to get treatment due to the super drying effect of this hair dye. That's why I made it a point to leave the dye in for less than 30 mins and use good conditioner and serum after dyeing the hair.


Today is the 7th day after dyeing and the colour still looks good, no split ends have appeared yet, and there's less hair fall compared to normal dye. So would I use this again? Yes I would :)


Liese is available at Watsons, Guardian and Sasa @RM37.80




No comments:

Post a Comment